This was my Saturday:
I woke up at 9:15 am when I was supposed to wake up at 7:30 am. I literally jumped out of bed, wet my hair, changed clothes, drank a glass of soy milk, grabbed my swimming stuff, and ran to the bus stop to get to a baby shower that started at 10:30. Well, the bus didn't actually take me to the person's house, it took me to a square that was a 20 minute walk from the house. Of course, I didn't actually have time/think ahead/remember the shower until the night before, so I didn't have a present. Then I stopped in a nearby CVS and bought diapers and a baby toy. Mission #1 accomplished.
Then I started walking towards the person's house, only to get lost because of construction on a major road. The detour took me to a large sports field that separated me from my destination. I found an open gate, and walked across the field, only to find that the gates out of the field were locked. I considered climbing the fence, but then saw a maintenance man exiting the field, followed him, and found an open gate. I arrived at my destination 30 minutes late, but I arrived in one piece. Mission #2 accomplished.
I was the only person at the baby shower that wasn't pregnant, married, or currently had a child. I ate cupcakes and made witty commentary while they talked about breastfeeding, poopy diapers, and the miracle of birth, which actually sounds horrible and disgusting. I then kicked their trash in a game where we melted an ice cube with our hands to "birth" a small plastic baby. Take that pregnant people! Mission #3 accomplished.
Then I went swimming. I have another race coming up (this one is in the ocean. I'm afraid a shark really will get me this time) and I want to be prepared. I also bought a pair of goggles in case mine break again (My last pair broke 1 minute before the race started. I'm not exaggerating). Mission #4 accomplished.
I realized that I was HUNGRY. It was almost 4 pm, and I hadn't eaten since 11 am that morning. Home is about an hour on the subway back from the pool. So, hungry and tired, I boarded a very crowded subway car with the thoughts of delicious food running through my head. And then I somehow ended up squished between the armpit of a man wearing a tank top and a very sweaty woman. That was one moment that I was glad that I can hold my breath for a long time.
I made a beeline for the first seat that opened up.
I got home around 5, and proceeded to make the world's largest batch of pesto. I made and ate a pesto pasta salad. I was still hungry, so I had some buffalo chicken dip that I made the night before. And then I was still hungry, so I ate a brownie that I also made the night before. And then I was still hungry, so I had some ice cream. And then I realized that I ate as much as a linebacker, so I stopped. Mission #5 done! Food is wonderful!
Tonight was the opening night of Shakespeare in the park, but it rained, so the play was cancelled. So instead of watching a culturally enriching, overly intellectual play, I sat at home in my pajamas, watched clips of TLC's Say Yes to the Dress, and serenaded the cat with my rendition of "Hey Jude." The cat was a great listener.
Ah, life. I would call this a successful Saturday.
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment