Monday, July 9, 2012

Firework fail and awkward moments with Kim Clark

First, I can't think of a better way to commemorate July 4, 2012 than with this epic firework fail, brought to you by the City of San Diego:



I love the scent of mushroom clouds mingling with overdone BBQ....

Second, I met Kim Clark yesterday at Church. You know, the Kim Clark who was the Dean of Harvard Business School, President of BYU-Idaho, featured in the book "The Mormon way of doing business," and a Seventy? Yea, that guy.

He sat in the pew behind me during the meeting, stood up in church after sacrament when we ask if anyone is visiting, and introduced himself as Kim Clark. At first I thought, how many Kim Clark's are in the world? And how many lived in Boston and are LDS?

Afterwards, I asked him, "Are you THE Kim Clark?" To which he replied, Yes.

And because I'm super awkward I said, "I think I read a book about you."

And he said, "Yes. I was in a book."

And then I just said, "Cool... [Awkward silence]... Congrats on being Kim Clark." 


This is what I immediately thought afterwards, "wtf brain?! seriously?!"

I should bury my head in the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Judy you make me smile! I'm sure you're not the first person to say something awkward to him. How neat you got to meet him though.

    ReplyDelete