How often do you get to do all of your favorite things in one day? I submit that you often cannot! Yet this Memorial Day, I slept in, went hiking AND swimming, ate at In and Out, went shopping, watched a movie, and ate ice cream. Best day ever.
I also learned that the American Public Health Association accepted two of my abstracts for presentation at their annual conference! I am the main author on one of them, and a co-author on the other. A classmate also submitted a policy analysis that we wrote last year for presentation, and it too was accepted for the conference! That's three abstracts in which I am listed as a main or co-author!
I am really excited, and also very flattered that the abstracts were accepted. I am also really happy because the conference will be held in Denver! I love Colorado!
I lived in Denver last summer working at one of my least favorite places. However, the mountains, the lakes, and the food, specifically Chipotle, gave me something to look forward to at the end of the week. However, a student budget doesn't really allow for exorbitant spending. The whole time I was there, I wanted to eat at the Buckhorn Exchange, which is a restaurant that specializes in steak and odd meats. Because they have strange items, the menu is expensive. I don't usually enjoy eating lots of meat, but I am DYING to try this place out! They have elk, quail, buffalo, and occasionally ostrich and yak! How often do you get to eat ostrich?!
Anyways, things here are great!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha Judy you are so funny! I miss you!I say go eat your ostrich if that's what you want to do! haha then tell me about it since I'm not so daring :)
ReplyDelete