Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baking Madness

I have a phone interview for BU tomorrow at 2pm. I am stressed.

I bake or cook under two conditions: when I am stressed, or just plain bored. When I am bored, I make bread, or I cook real food from recipes that I find on Food Network. When I'm stressed, I usually make cookies or cakes.

The key to telling the difference between stress-baking and boredom-baking is the amount of butter used. A positive correlation exists between the amount of butter used and the amount of stress I feel.

Here is a graph illustrating the point:

I used a little more than 4 sticks of butter today. That's over 32 tablespoons of butter. Please note the graph.

Today's blessing:
I am now the owner of 4 dozen cookies. I made two varieties: frosted cherry-vanilla sugar cookies, and triple chocolate fudge cookies.

Today's blunder:
I am now the owner of 4 dozen cookies. I gave a bunch to my brother and his roommates. I also gave some to my roommates, my roommate's boyfriend, and I still have about a dozen left. Someone, please save me from my sweet tooth.

1 comment:

  1. 4 sticks! wow, remember this is american heart month, lay off the saturated fat ;)! Just kidding. but good luck on your interview

    ReplyDelete