Monday, September 14, 2009

My first post

Today marks a historic day in the life of Judy. That's right - this is my first blog post ever. I usually avoid the whole social internet scene, but after learning about the wonders of social media and giving a presentation on Web 2.0, I thought it would be best to take my own advice and start a blog.

So, as the title states, this blog is about the blunders, blessings, and nuances of everyday life. Anyone that knows me well also knows that I have quite the habit of finding myself in strange situations, and they also know that I am capable of making big mistakes. Those two factors earned me the ironic nickname "Genius Girl," and also caused my siblings to wonder if underneath this placid Asian exterior was a ditzy blonde struggling to escape. Although my life is full of blunders and mishaps, I consider myself pretty lucky. I have a great family, wonderful friends, and a full cupboard at home.

So, today also marked the first rain of the fall months. I am not embarrassed to admit that I love the rain. I love the sound of the raindrops pattering on the pavement and my umbrella, the earthy smell of dirt and grass after a downpour, and the mirror-gray shade of the clouds right before a storm. There is nothing better than sipping hot chocolate by a window, and just drinking in the sounds and sights of the rain falling on the glass. It's even better when you have someone with which to share those small moments of quiet and reflection.

So, I guess the blessing I found today is the rain. If you disagree with me, just try it. Get a cup of your favorite warm beverage, (hot cocoa, coffee, tea, whatever you want), sit somewhere comfortable, close your eyes, and listen to the rain.


4 comments:

  1. I loved your first post! Keep writing (not that I dont talk to you almost daily, but still).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the brown color you have for your background. :)

    I also have a suggestion. I think you need some pictures! We need to see your smiling face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well well well...you've caved in to blogging:) i remember when i first started calling you genuis girl...i think i started that when you were about 10:) haha..glad to see that stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rain too. Even though my feet got soaked on monday from puddles everywhere, i still loved it :)

    ReplyDelete