Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

I'm happy with the results of the election. Although I think both candidates are good people, I'm glad Obama won.

I'm not happy with the Facebook statuses of people I once considered reasonable. The responses are mean spirited, factually incorrect, and just downright disrespectful.

Here are a few of the worst comments:
Our government will get to decide which businesses they want to succeed by providing aid to dead end companies such as Solyndra using our tax dollars. How can the majority of the people be okay with this? On another note, why aren't more people scared about letting the government be in charge of our health care? I, for one, am terrified of this because I don't want a lottery system like they have in Canada, and I want to receive medical treatment when I need it. I don't want the government to decide if/when I can receive it. If we let the government have this much control who knows what they are going to try to do next. Maybe they will become like China and start telling us how many children we can have. Maybe Obama will really get his wish of income redistribution and then we really will have no incentive to try to be successful Scary thoughts! But I guess the majority of the American people are too lazy to think for themselves, so they just want the government to provide everything to them and make most of their decisions. This is just really sickening to me and not the country that our founding fathers envisioned.

 Obama is a liar, and needs to be impeached!


How much more national debt will we acquire? How much further will we get from our founding principles? We had a moment to select someone who has real, applicable knowledge. Goodbye opportunity. Hello 4 more years of speeches with long pauses, socioeconomic division, and slippery slope.

We are screwed. I have no words. How could anyone want four more years of that man.

There are more free loaders than hard workers in our country. sad sad day.


Sore losers are never fun to be around, especially if they insist on slinging mud, spreading falsehoods, and propagating an environment of fear and hatred. 

Irrespective of who wins or loses, I expected adults to behave like adults. It appears that those expectations were too high. 

3 comments:

  1. One from my newsfeed (a non-Mormon I went to high school with - the non-Mormon thing is important to show that they are not the only sore losers here): " I asked myself, "how could God allow this morally bankrupt man back into the White House?" Then it came to me.... It's what America deserves. We've gotten so far away from Christ that this is what we are left with. We are going down a very slippery slope to internal destruction. So very sad.."

    Um...okay. I think she has no idea what "morally bankrupt" means. Has she never researched politics in Latin America? Or watched any episodes of any television show that involves lawyers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know who you quoted (at least one of them). How about this instead from a friend of mine: "Well, the election is over. The candidate I supported did not win, but I hope our President can keep the promises I heard him make for a second time in his acceptance speech. He is the President of the United States. I may not agree with him, but I respect the office he holds. He has four more years to try and get the job done."
    Better?

    ReplyDelete