Monday, June 4, 2012

In conclusion (Taiwan Part 3)

I have a journal littered with quotes about travel. One of them says that "A man travels the world in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

What did my trip tell me about what I need?

Turns out, I need strange things because they add spice to life:

A fountain in Taipei Main Station
(water comes from the base of the duck head)

A protector to keep make up from getting on clothes that you try on.

 My aunt's driving attire

I crave things that are beautiful, and feed the soul:

LDS temple in Taipei

 A park outside the Science Museum in Kaohsiung

 Daoist temple, Lotus Lake, Kaohsiung

Another temple, Lotus Lake, Kaohsiung

 Dragon and Tiger Pagodas, Lotus Lake, Kaohsiung

Dragon and Tiger Pagodas, Lotus Lake, Kaohsiung

Kenting Beach, Kenting 

 Fo Guan Shan Monastery

Sometimes I just need to rest:

 (Laura, this pic is for you)

And I need someone to look up to:

The amazing Captain Lee (my grandfather)
(Is it normal for a 20-something year old to be guilty of such hero worship?)

I'm pretty sure I can find most of these things at home, but I still miss all of the people and places that I left behind.






3 comments:

  1. Dog on the beach!!!! heeeeeey baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those funny things (love your aunt's driving attire- funny, yet so smart!). What a beautiful place to visit. Your grandpa is amazing

    ReplyDelete