Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Going Bamboo (Taiwan Part 1)

I woke up last week to this beautiful sight in Kenting, Taiwan:


And I found myself thinking, "Snow? What's snow? Does the weather ever really get below 60 F? I don't need a Ph.D. I don't need money. What I really want is to sit on this beach all day, every day."

And then I came up with a grandoise scheme to sell overpriced drinks out of hollowed out pineapples that have sunglasses on them to tourists in Kenting.

The drinks would look like this:


And I could use my money to go surfing, eat really cheap and delicious food, and sit on the beach to watch the sun rise over the ocean AND set over the ocean. Because you can see both if you are living at the tip of an island. I was all set to go bamboo!

I was already thinking about retiring in Thailand. But, Taiwan would be closer to my crazy Asian family, and apparently the Taiwanese have better healthcare than the Thais. I should look more closely into this.

2 comments:

  1. If you do this I will drop out of life and join you. I am not good at crafts, but my mom has an unending supply of little doo-dads to stick on stuff, so I could keep us in the pineapple business for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sight to wake up to. I'd definitely buy one of your overpriced, awesome, pineapple drinks!

    ReplyDelete