I'm back in California for Christmas break. The weather here is heavenly - nothing but 75 degree weather and clear skies! Although the Los Angeles weather is great, the climate at home is always interesting. It feels surreal to be at home again. I try to avoid reverting back to my old habits, but for some reason, being around my family reduces me to the maturity level of a bullfrog. And I also find myself saying stupid things or misplacing things on a consistent basis. This morning I couldn't find my cell phone anywhere. After tearing my room apart, I realized that it was in a hidden pocket in my purse. I'm just waiting for my hair to turn a light blond...
I am having a hard time buying presents for my family. It's hard to buy presents for my parents because (1) they usually just buy anything they need, and (2) I can't afford anything they want, but would never buy for themselves. Last time I went shopping with my mom she mentioned that she wanted a Louis Vuitton purse. Since she exemplifies the Asian purse-snob stereotype, she would want a brand new Louis Vuitton purse with the LV logo all over it and gaudy gold accents. I definitely don't have an extra $1,000+ to spend on a purse, so she and dad will have to be happy with the present Maggie, Richard and I got them. I think they will like it.
I stumbled upon a blog with a similar name, but a different author. I think that blog that is doing a better job of incorporating the blunders and blessings theme into the entries. All I'm going to say is that imitation is the best form of flattery.
Today's blessings are the movie the Student Prince and Jessica's baking skills.
1. The Student Prince. I have never seen my dad laugh so hard at drunk people than when he watches this movie. I think it reminds him of his days in the air force. It makes me miss watching drunk Japanese people sing karaoke.
2. Jessica's cookies. Jessica is a very talented baker. Everything she makes, from lemon creme cake to sugar cookies, is amazing. Today she made spoon cookies. Although the recipe says to wait a day before eating them, we definitely just ate them as soon as they were done.
Today's blunder wasn't technically my mistake. I went to Banana Republic to get a shirt for my brother, and I found this shirt on sale. Ironically, the non-iron shirt was VERY wrinkled. Why on earth would Banana Republic make a non-iron shirt that wrinkles?
And then I realized that I wasn't sure what color it was. The last time I went shopping for men's clothing, I found what I thought was a light gray tie. It actually was pink. Since I didn't want to repeat my mistake, I asked a salesperson what color it was. He just looked at me like I was an idiot. I hate being colorblind.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Judy! you have a blog! I found it on Jess' blog! how are things going? How's grad school?
ReplyDelete