It is finals week. I spent the majority of my weekend studying and finishing projects. I went to bed last night with the intention of waking up early to review my notes, except I forgot that Murphy's Law is one of the few constant factors in my life.
My first thought this morning was, "Is that really the time?!" which was followed by my first brilliant sentence of the day: "NOOOO!!!"
Here was the morning's timeline:
8 AM: Public Health Adminstration In -class Final begins
8:20 AM: I wake up.
8:20:05: My first word of the day: "NOOOO!!!!!!"
8:20:07: I throw on whatever clothing is around and brush my teeth.
8:26:35: I drive up to campus. I thought about studying while driving, but decided that risking death isn't worth a test grade.
8:28:50: I find a parking spot.
8:30:15: I run into my classroom to take my final.
8:30:16: I realize the classroom is empty. My thoughts: REALLY?! and WHY?!
8:30:25: I find the real classroom a few doors down.
8:32:10: I start my test. Luckily, I take tests fairly quickly.
9:01:32: I finish my test. I wasn't kidding about taking tests quickly.
9:01:45: I realize that I finished my test before people that had started at 8 AM were done.
9:01:46: I stare at my paper and pretend to edit my answers.
9:05:15: I realize that I really don't have anything more to say and start my peer evaluation.
9:10:25: I turn in my test and peer evaluation.
9:12:23: I walk into the graduate lab, only to be greeted by Brad exclaiming, "How is it possible that you are finished?!! You were like, an hour late to the test!!!"
To be accurate, I was only 32 minutes and some seconds late to my test.
Needless to say, the first 20 minutes of my morning were probably the most stressful of the day. And probably will be the most stressful minutes of the week. I finished two finals today, and no, I was not late for my second one.
I came home to investigate the situation. I remembered setting my alarm for 5:11 AM (I hate waking up to even numbers), but the alarm failed to go off. Turns out, the power in my room turned off last night, and when it came back on, my clock's AM/PM setting had flipped. According to the clock, 5 AM was really 5 PM, and my alarm faithfully went off at 5:11 this afternoon. Except it was 12 hours too late.
What a morning.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
no kidding, you took that test wicked fast. Are you sure you didn't skip a page? :)
ReplyDelete