Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jack Attack!

My sister and my adorable 5-year old nephew, Jack, visited me this weekend. Jack is sweet, loving, and very curious. He wore this hoodie the entire weekend:
He's so cute.

We went to the Children's Museum, the public garden, sat on a swan boat, ate a ton of pizza, and went to a barbecue. Jack had a lot of fun, but my favorite part of the weekend were our little talks.

Here is the best of Judy and Jack's weekend conversations:

Me: "What was your favorite part of your weekend?"
Jack: "....watching the police car!" ( referring to the police car parked right in front of him)
Me: "Jack, we did a lot of things this weekend. Do you remember anything other than the police car?"
Jack: :...... umm...... swans? :)

Me: "Jack, am I your aunt?"
Jack: "No."
Me: "Is my name Judy?"
Jack: "No."
Me: "Am I your Aunt Judy?"
Jack: "Yes!"

Jack: "How do babies come out of mommy's tummies?"
My reply: "Well, there's pushing involved. A lot of pushing...Like you're taking a really big poo, but instead a baby pops out."

Jack: "Aunt Judy, why do you live alone?"
Me: "Well, I couldn't find roommates this year, and I'm not married yet, so I found an apartment by myself."
Jack: "Why aren't you married?"
Me: "... because.....umm..... the world is unfair....?"

Aside from yet another reminder of my impending spinster status, I loved having the little Jack-man in town. My sister said that he cried when he got home because he missed me. What a cutie.


2 comments:

  1. he is a cutie and i love him so so so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is cute! I love the conversations, and especially loved your description of how baby's come out of the tummy.

    ReplyDelete