Fall has officially arrived in New England! I am so lucky - I walk by the gardens in Boston Common on my way to school. The colors are beautiful, and the weather is perfect.
It seems like fall is also the season for birthdays. My friend Gwen had her baby Lucy. (Congrats Gwen and Baxter! She is adorable!) Picking baby names can be a difficult process, but I think they picked a great name. It's classic and sophisticated, so she can grow into it, yet it still works for a little girl.
My niece, nephew, and my sister also had birthdays this past month. My niece turned 4 and my nephew turned 3. I love these kids. I especially love it when they call me and tell me random things about their day. Like how Jack saw an airplane, or how Audrey went swimming. Here is a picture of two of my nephews and my niece:
Unfortunately, it is also midterm season. I have three midterms, and I am also flying to Denver this weekend for a conference. It's my first time being a presenter! I'm first author on one article, and a co-author on another. I don't know when I'm going to have time to study while I'm there, but I'll have to find a way to fit it in.
We also had stake conference this week. I heard a rumor that a man from the Presiding Bishopric was coming. I thought, if a General Authority is coming, then he probably will conduct the Saturday and Sunday meetings. I attended the Saturday session, but for some reason, thought the stake president introduced the conductor as the temple president. So, I just assumed that I heard a rumor, and that the conductor was not from the Presiding Bishopric, but was in fact the Boston temple president.
On Sunday, I was sitting in the foyer when the conductor from the Saturday meeting walked up to me and asked how I'm doing. He shook my hand and we had a pleasant conversation. He asked for my name, and I introduced myself. And of course, I just asked, "Aren't you the temple president?" He replied, "No, I'm a General Authority. Bishop McMullin. Nice to meet you."
I was so embarrassed. Turns out, I had been shooting the breeze with Bishop McMullin from the Presiding Bishopric of the Church. Leave it to me to mess up a one-on-one meeting with a General Authority.
President Monson, should some strange twist of fate ever bring you to this blog, I promise that I go to church.

No comments:
Post a Comment