Saturday, April 10, 2010

And the verdict is...

I am moving to Boston in the fall! Of the three schools that I could choose from, BU was the best fit, and more importantly, it feels like the right decision.

My program is housed in the School of Public Health on the BU Medical Campus. This may not seem like a big deal to anyone, but to me, the fact that I am technically in a medical school answers a question I've had for a long time. Med school felt like the right decision throughout my undergraduate degree, and it didn't hurt that I had dreamed about being a doctor since I was 7 (...I am such a nerd). But when I applied to schools, med school did not feel right, but the MPH did. But as I finished the MPH, I had this nagging feeling that I was supposed to go to a medical school, but med school itself was not the right decision. I was confused and frustrated until I realized what I really was supposed to be doing. So, now I'm going to a medical school, but not in medical school. It is a relief when things finally fit.

I will relocate after I finish my cancer fellowship this summer.

4 comments:

  1. BOSTON!! Yaay! How exciting! Congrats on making such a tremendous decision...I know you will do great out there, but I sure will miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! That is amazing and what a fun place to live! See you in a few weeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Judy that is exciting!! for sure! But I have to say I will miss you and our lunches a lot! But I'm so happy for you and glad that you feel good about your decision congrats!! You me and Meg will have to have lots of parties this summer before you leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Judy that was from me Jessica N. :) I couldn't get it to sign out of Alan's account sorry whoops I didn't realize I was on his till I tried to Post that comment!

    ReplyDelete