
I was really looking forward to long run to calm my nerves, and then a good dinner to soothe my stomach. I hurriedly put on my running clothes and shoes and headed out the door.
I ran for a short 2 blocks when suddenly, my foot landed on uneven, icy ground. I felt my ankle buckle, my hands hit the pavement, and I was down. Of course, two cars full of people were present to witness my not so graceful, face forward descent into the pavement. The only thing that hurt worse than my ankle was my ego. To salvage what little dignity I had left, I just got up off the ground and walked to a nearby park like nothing happened.
I tore three ligaments in my ankle when I was younger, so every time I twist my ankle, I'm afraid the injury might have come back. Luckily, it was just a bad sprain. A really bad sprain. Here's a photo of my ankles. Guess which one is sprained.
So much for my long run. Don't worry, I am icing the foot and I have it elevated. I really hope that the swelling dies down by tomorrow. I think this qualifies as the blunder of the day.
Since my run was cut woefully short, I was really looking forward to eating some pasta I made before the weekend. Until that point, the only food I had eaten was two spoonfuls of Nutella and a piece of string cheese. Hungry would have been an understatement.
I opened the fridge, and then realized my pasta was missing. I looked everywhere for it - the back of the fridge, the side shelves, even in the freezer. I asked one of my roommates where it was. She sheepishly admitted that she ate all of my pasta.
I was too hungry to be mad at her, so I just heated up some soup. Getting mad wouldn't have brought the pasta back anyway.
Which bring us to today's blessing: Lentil soup.

I love lentils. I love them in curries, soups, and I really like them in salads as well. I added some spices to my year old can of Progresso lentil soup for flavor. The soup is quite delicious if you cook some dried thyme and cumin in a little oil for about a minute prior to adding the soup. I also added some kielbasa (a type of sausage) and a little tomato sauce to the canned mixture.
I based my modifications off of an Ina Garten recipe that I made last year. I think the next time I make canned lentil soup, I'm going to saute some onions and carrots before I put the soup in the pot. And maybe add some hot pepper flakes.
So, here I am blogging because my ridiculously large ankle has severely limited my mobility. I am stuck in my room until my foot decides to work again. I hope it's sooner than later.
Oh Judy! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry It's been so long since I taped an ankle... I can't remember how to do it (how sad- I must have taped an ankle 100 times, and now I can't remember). I hope your ankle heals quickly.
ReplyDelete