On Friday, I had the options of (1) hiking and getting out of civilization, or (2) going to a church activity and playing get-to-know-you games while making awkward conversation about where my parents are from (more on that in another post).
The choice was glaringly obvious. I put on my shoes, dragged April out of the house, and went up to the mountains. I brought my camera because I knew I'd be hiking during the early golden hour (for the definition, go here) and it would be a good time to take shots. Here are a few of them (if you click on one, the picture may show up huge. Hit ctrl and then slide the track ball on the mouse to make the image smaller).


Saturday was the Ingrid Michaelson concert in Salt Lake. Her music is best described as indie-alternative-chick rock. I'm really hesitant to describe the music as chick rock, but since about 70% of the audience were women, I think the description fits. It was arguably one of the best concerts I've attended. She is amazing live. For those of you that are not familiar with her music, links to some of her songs can be found here, here, and here.I'd say it was a successful weekend.
Judy,
ReplyDeleteI am VERY jealous you went to the Ingrid Michaelson concert. I lover her. I am also jealous you are going to Philly. I highly suggest going to this place, http://www.famouscookies.com/, at Reading Terminal Market. They have cookies to die for. Actually I haven't had a comparable cookie since I tried theres.